I am backkkkk but first, congratulation and celebrations I wish u a happy ratta fying, I never sing but that my dearest chai was especially for you.
- Ok so now back to how my trip to the other side went.we had sooooo much fun, but I came home a virtual Popsicle , I could have gotten frostbite you know but I had the foresight to wear 2 jackets a sweatshirt a t shirt and a tank top when I went to sleep, so I was saved but just barely. There is no heating there, the only heating you can get there is if 10 people sleep together and get warmed by each others smelly breaths. And thats what I did. My chachoo and his family refused to sleep in the big cold room with out a carpet so we all bunked together in one room and there was still space the rooms are so huge. Eid was fun with us getting breakfast at 12 in the evening we were literally dying of hunger but what a way to die by eating parathas made on open fire and egg omelet. I think I made over 50 eggs there. And ofcourse the mehndi (henna) imagine your hands freezing with henna in a very cold place, I had so much fun putting it on other people and watching them shiver. So on the wedding we all woke up and with 10 people using the same bathroom we got dressed wearing our lehngas and tikkas. And when we walked into the room where a woman was playing the dholki and singing and everyone was talking, there was silence everywhere, people stopped doing what they were doing and started staring what a beautiful site we made , ofcourse that is why they were staring. And then we did luddi( a traditional dance) and then we moved towards the food, the men were served first how dare they but we women and girls had to wait and it was so cold that as soon as we dished out the meat it froze, no exaggeration, and then we all did nikab (covering our faces is also compulsory while going out) and went to the girls house. And then after the function was over I made daaland rice we were tired of meat, and my chachoos sheep had a goatie well not that but a proper islamic beard. And then the next day our trip back. We are glad to be back but once in a while everyone should have such rustic fun.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home